Wednesday 10 September 2014

Silence of the Seahorses

So, I can't not acknowledge that I have had a prolonged period of absence from my blog.  The truth is that I have been having a bit of a heart to heart with myself and have decided to take a bit of a break from breeding seahorses.

This doesn't mean that I will be without seahorses; au contraire!  I will still have my adults and a couple of the babies from my most recent brood (these are actually now around 11 months old!).

If you have read my page about my other pets you will know that I have a sickly dog, and have done for a while now.  The last few months have been tumultuous with him but we now feel that we are, *fingers crossed*, on the road to recovery.  Work is also being very demanding at the moment and so I feel that I need to have more family time, and have more days out with my dogs and my wonderful husband.  I have also started working with a local animal rescue and I absolutely love this work.  Its time consuming, emotional and demanding, but I get so much personal satisfaction out of it.  I had a conversation with one of my "rescue" colleagues a while back where we discussed the "pet trade", and my eyes were opened somewhat and changed my view on many things to do with the pet trade.

Those of you who own seahorses will know that holidays are really hard unless you have someone on your doorstep who you can trust explicitly to look after them for you.  Baby seahorses are near impossible.  Until they are of decent size and eating frozen food, I find it hard to be away from them for too long.  In fact recently, we had a holiday and booked a cottage just 20 minutes away from home so that I could come back every day and feed the seahorses.  It was bliss!

My facebook group; Seahorse Adventures is still very much in full swing and will continue to do so.  We have a wonderful bunch of helpful people, so if you have FB, stop by and say hello.

I will still post on here from time to time and keep you up to date with anything new - in fact, I'm thinking about re-vamping my big seahorse tank so that may well be my next blog.

For now, thank you for reading and look after those swimmy swims!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete


Shopping Online