Friday 6 April 2012

Taking Stock..

As the last of my adults have gone to their new homes, I suddenly realized how attached I had grown to them.  Its funny, that a little part of my daily routine has changed and I'm once again focusing on little babies.  The time in between each brood that I have been working with is actually just about long enough for the whole routine of newborn fry to feel a little abnormal!

Sadly, the latest brood which is only a couple of weeks old really hasn't done very well but to be honest, I wasn't really expecting them to.  These had initially been housed in a bucket and I never do well when that's how they start off.  Its not my choice but just a space issue.

So, taking stock, at the moment I have 3 broods and another due on Sunday.  These 4 should be manageable but I will have to combine the 2 week olds with the newborns when they come along.  Not something I like doing but they should be ok.

8 Months Old
2.5 Months Old
2 Weeks Old
The other thing that I'm really excited about is that I think one of my male dwarf seahorses might be pregnant.  There is a chance that he is just puffing out his pouch, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we will have H.zosterae fry soon.  
Big Pouch!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Shopping Online